Thursday, October 7, 2010

I daresay introductions are in order




First and foremost I am a nerd. One of those up-at-3 a.m.-covered-in-a-fine-layer-of-powdered-cheese-but-I'm-totally-about-to-level-up-you-guys kind of nerds. I reorganize file systems for fun. I read about digital copyright law in between episodes of Doctor Who.

But I'm also a (rubbish) housewife. I managed to marry and create two dork spawn, and now find myself in a position I never ever bothered to imagine myself in. I don't know if it's the undercurrent of androgyny and social confusion flowing beneath nerd nature in general, but the role of homemaker does not come naturally to me. So, I've decided to roleplay it.


This "homemaking" is my great new adventure. I vow here and now to build my skills and arsenal and conquer this land!

(Yes, I realize that I am LARP-ing solo to get my house clean. I am totally comfortable with this.)

3 comments:

  1. Fantasic idea. But don't think of it as solo, cuz Matt and the kids are NPC's, at least, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt really should be a party member.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course they are party members! And Matt seems to be occupied with his various side quests, but he does in fact help!

    It only feels like I'm gaming solo when I am standing around on the playground waiting for school to get out and I fail to weigh in on where I stand with Oxi-Clean.

    ReplyDelete